Situated in the northeastern Province of Sucumbios, in the upper Ecuadorian Amazon region, within the Cuyabeno Wildlife Reserve lays the Tapir Lodge. Built in partnership with family members of the Siona Community, with whom Tapir Lodge shares the Eco-tourism activities and profits in order to help meet appropriate ecological standards.
Tapir Lodge offers all the facilities possible in the heart of the jungle, but in order to avoid unnecessary disturbances to the environment, we employ alternative means of illumination, such as solar panels which produce 110 volts of electricity.
Total capacity: 36 guests
- 1 bungalow with 6 double rooms with private bathrooms, 2 of them can also be used as family cabins for 4 and 2 more for five people
- Our 15 meter tower with 4 rooms equipped with a queen size bed and a twin size extra bed, with private bathroom, hammock, balcony and a spectacular view of the Amazon jungle
- Our new tower with 6 rooms equipped with a queen size bed and a twin size bed, with private bathroom, hammock & balcony
- Hot water in all rooms
- All the facilities operate using electricity provided by solar panels
- Gift shop: T-shirts, Polo shirts, caps, handicrafts from the area
- Dining room (capacity 35 passengers)
- Bar with wine, beer, cocktails and soft drinks available
Prices are subject to change without prior notice.
|Number of days||Accommodation|
|2-4 Pax||5-9 Pax||*4-8 Pax|
* Prices per person
*Special combination for nature lovers: 4 nights lodging & 2 nights camping
- Single Rooms have a charge 30% over rate.
- Children under 12 years old 30% off.
- There are no flights to and from Lago Agrio on Sunday.
TAPIR LODGE PROGRAM INCLUDES:
- Box lunch.
- Private transportation Lago Agrio - Cuyabeno - Lago Agrio.
- Accommodation in double room with private bathroom and hot water shower
- Canoe rides
- 3 meals a day
- Soft drinks (water, coffee, tea)
- Daily excursion program
- Naturalist multilingual guides (English, German)
- Rubber boots, raincoats, life jackets.
TAPIR LODGE PROGRAM DOES NOT INCLUDE:
- Entrance fee Cuyabeno Wildlife Reserve (2.00 Usd.)*
- Flight Quito - Lago Agrio (US$87.50)*
- Flight Lago Agrio - Quito (USD$87.50)*
- Alcoholic and bottled beverages.
- Tips and personal expenses
*Rates are subject to change without previous notice
We operate everyday except Sundays with a minimum of 2 international passengers or please contact us for our fixed departures.