If you've got jungle fever (or maybe a fever for the jungle), then Sani Lodge is your cure. Just south of the pristine Cuyabeno Reserve and close to the Yasuní National Park is the Challuacocha Lake, home to a wealth of biodiversity, from unique endemic plants to monkeys, birds, butterflies, and more! Any trip to Sani Lodge guarantees you a truly natural experience.
If you really want to experience the rainforest, then climb the 100-foot Kapok tree tower, where you can stretch your eyes across the expansive forest and feel like you're literally flying with the birds, including toucans and fruitcrows. If you keep your eyes really sharp, you might just catch a lazy howler monkey resting in the treetops. Once you come down from the canopy, then take a walk down one of the trails. Your guides can even introduce you to the local Kichwa community.
With space for 38 guests, Sani Lodge offers a private, yet social atmosphere for the guests. There are 10 cabanas and 4 family size cabins, each with a private bathroom. The lights in the facilities are eco-friendly and run on solar energy.
If you really want to get in touch with nature, then consider camping. There is a beautiful site at the end of the Coto trail next to the Challuayaku stream. On site, there are wooden platforms, a latrine, and a shower, but it is recommended that you bring your own flashlight.
No matter where you stay, all activities and meals are included in your price.
On your trip, you will have the chance to experience:
- Community visit
- Hiking & night hikes
- Caiman watching
- Blowgun practice
- Observation tower
- Visiting the Yasuni National Park
Prices are subject to change without prior notice.
|Number of nights||Accommodation|
|$ 1,111||$ 1,334|
|$ 1,390||$ 1,668|
|$ 1,666||$ 2,000|
|$ 1,945||$ 2,334|
|$ 2,221||$ 2,665|
* New luxury suites includes: free access to the Spa, a Minibar with the prefer beverages and a courtesy basket with half bottle of wine, and fruits and chocolates from the area. Room service, a Jacuzzi and a complete hygiene kit will be included too.
- All meals for the duration of the trip
- Snacks for the excursions
- Native bilingual guide
- Rubber boots and rain ponchos
- All activities and private transportation from Coca airport to the lodge and back
- Assistance at Quito Airport
- Transportation Coca-Sani Lodge-Coca
- Rubber boots and Rain coats
- All meals starting with lunch on the first day and finishing with luncht on the last day
- WIFI in the bar area
- Air transportation from/to Quito (we can help arrange your flights) *US $199.00 round trip or, $100 one way Price subject to change without previous notice)
- Bus tickets (US 20,00 round trip or US $10,00 one way We don�t book bus tickets. Can be purchased with 48 hours in advance directly by the guest)
- Personal expenses
- Any services not specified
Operation days: All days except Sundays
* Special Note: If you would like to visit the Lodge another day, there is an extra cost of $400 USD for renting the canoa ($200 each way).
Additional Lodge Options in the Amazon Region of Ecuador
If you like Sani Lodge, you would also like staying at La Selva Lodge, Sacha Lodge, or Napo Wildlife Center, all with excellent accommodations standards and access to similar wildlife. If you have particular interest in Amazon culture and the indigenous peoples of the region, we can recommend Yachana Lodge which is a non-profit organization dedicated to improving the lives of Amazon peoples.
Extend your trip to the Galapagos Islands and the highlands of Ecuador
Combine your trip to Sani Lodge with a trip to the Galapagos and/or the Andes. You'll need to travel through Quito to get to Sani Lodge anyway, so it's an excellent opportunity to stay a few days in Quito and the surrounding areas of the Andes. For nearly 20 years, Columbus has introduced thousands of satisfied travelers to the wonders of Ecuador, and we hope you'll be the next.